Virtual Fair Access Band
Are you a singer or a musician? Want to be part of our lockdown band?
Through the wonders of modern technology, musicians Becca Skeoch and Owen Sinclair are putting together a socially distanced band and creating a special video collage to be shared on the RCS social media accounts.
How to take part:
- Sign up for the project via this online form: Registration Deadline is the 22nd of May
On the Sign-Up form you will be asked:
- Your main instrument.
- Your ability (beginner, intermediate and advanced).
- If you can comfortably sight-read or follow a chord chart.
- If you have access to a device that will allow you to record a video with audio.
What will happen next:
- Owen and Becca (the musicians behind the project) will then decide on the piece of music that is suitable for the instrumentation for the students that have signed up to the project.
- You will then be sent a guide track accompanied by either a score, chord chart or lyrics that is suitable for your ability level and instrument.
- There will also be an online tutorial session that you will be invited to join in which Becca and Owen talk you through the music that you have been sent and how to record it so that your part is in time and slots in with your fellow virtual band members.
- You will then record your part on video and send it to Owen and Becca.
- Finally, Owen and Becca will edit the audio and video to create our Virtual Fair Access Band.