Care Experienced

A group of young people with a tutor, all wearing doctor jackets and rehearsing a play

You are care experienced if you are, or have ever been: 

  • Looked after at home whilst subject to a supervision order from a Children’s Panel
  • In kinship care, i.e. you have not been able to be cared for by your birth parents for short or long periods and you have been looked after by a close relative such as an older sibling, grandparent, aunt or uncle
  • In foster care for any period
  • Living in residential care where you live with a group of other young people and are looked after by paid Local Authority staff
  • Living in secure care

You can find more information on how the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland can support you on the RCS Website pages for ‘Corporate Parenting‘.

 Contact Us 

If you are care experienced or estranged and would like to discuss anything to do with applications, support, or what you can expect from RCS, please contact:

  • Jesse Paul, Head of Fair Access at
  • Carole Williams, Transitions Coordinator at

 Find Us on Social Media 

You can also follow us and like our pages on social media to keep up to date with our latest opportunities.