WACI work with 37 secondary schools in the West of Scotland. You can search to see if your school is one of them here:
* By using the toggle feature found at the top left corner of the map you can also see a list if you prefer. You can also download our school’s poster here.
Why do we only work with these schools?
The schools listed are participants in the FOCUS West programme. You can find out more about the work that FOCUS West do here. We deliver programmes that enable pupils from those schools to try out activities, find out about what courses they can apply for, what careers are available and to provide support to pupils and teachers. More schools are being added to the list so please check back for updates.
Is there anything you can do for me if I’m not at a FOCUS West school?
We also work with those in the West of Scotland who:
- live in an SiMD1 postcode and/or
- is Care Experienced or Estranged
We would also recommend you contact the following departments who might be able to help with other options:
Fair Access (For general enquiries)
Tel: 0141 270 8222
Tel: 0141 270 8303
Transitions is an award-winning fair access initiative at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland. They offer a comprehensive programme of learning through tuition, coaching and cultural activity. Transitions currently enable more than one hundred students each year to access industry-leading tuition at RCS.
You can apply if:
- You are 15+ (7+ if you are interested in Music and Dance)
- You live in an SiMD1 postcode, or
- You are a care experienced young person
- You have a passion for the performing and production arts
- You have not completed a higher education programme
For further information please visit their website.