Information For Teachers
Who it is for: Those interested in performing arts but also good for those studying English.
When: Wednesday 30 October – Friday 1 November, during school time
Where: Participating Schools
The Shakespeare in Schools initiative is offered by WACI in collaboration with the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland’s BA Acting programme.
BA Acting students are invited into participating schools to work with pupils on a piece of Shakespeare. This opportunity will give participants a greater understanding of Shakespeare’s text and help to foster an interest in his work.
Shakespeare in Schools includes:
• Workshops on the themes of a Shakespearean play (Macbeth or Romeo & Juliet)
• Observation of scenes from the play performed by BA Acting students
• A devised performance based on the themes of the Shakespearean text by BA Acting students and your pupils
• Tickets to see a performance at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland in January/February
Shakespeare in Schools framework:
• 9am – 3pm
• Maximum number of 30 participants
• Suitable for Nat 5, Higher and Advanced Higher English and Drama students
• A drama space or assembly hall is required to work in
“The overall experience was great. The RCS students were great and easy to get along with. A positive attitude. Great overall vibe for the day.” Pupil, St. Roch’s Secondary School
This activity is now closed for 2019. Please check our news page for when bookings re-open.