Welcome to the fourth in our series of Fair Access Expo Online videoes, where we asked the professionals who were due to take part in our Fair Access Expo panel if they could tell us a little bit more about their careers, all from the comfort of their own homes. Each week they will talk about:
- their journey into the creative industries
- what their day-to-day life is like
- their advice to anyone hoping to follow in their footsteps
Introducing Stephen Arden, Musical Theatre Performer
Stephen trained in Musical Theatre at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland. Prior to this he studied at New College Lanarkshire and the University of Hull.
His performance credits include:
- Sir Robin – Spamalot (UK & International Tour)
- Nicky/Trekkie Monster – Avenue Q (UK Tour – The Olivier Awards and West End Live)
- Ensemble – Still Game Live 2 & 3 The Final Farewell
- WJ Clinton – Clinton the Musical (Edinburgh Festival & Kings Head, London)
- Anthony – Sweeney Todd (DUCTAC, Dubai)
- Melchior Gabor – Spring Awakening
- Prince Findlay – Sleeping Beauty (The Brunton)
- Zombie Musical (BAFTA New Talent Award)
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream (Bard in The Botanics) Musicals Wanted (European Tour)
- Elegies for Angels Punks & Raging Queens (The Tron)
- Charlie Brown in Snoopy!!!
He is also a regular performer for The Byre Theatres annual Pantomine.
Stephen can be seen in BBC Short Stuff films Flowers and Splitting the Bill. He has transitioned into Shakespeare performing in Hamlet and As You Like It for Bard in the Botanics.
In addition to performing Stephen has worked as an Associate Director, Resident Director and Choreographer. Stephen co-designed the pilot year of Musical Theatre for The Junior Conservatoire at RCS and specialises in creating original pieces of drama and tutoring young performers.
Be sure to check back as over the next few weeks where we’ll have something for everyone! Next week we’ll have actor Helen Mackay.
During this time we are still working away in the background here to give help and assistance so please don’t hesitate to contact us on:
You can also follow us and like our pages on social media