FAIR ACCESS VIRTUAL BAND (FAVB)
Wednesday Evenings, March 2022
Who can sign-up:
You’re invited to apply and join us for another musical collaboration if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Attend a WACI (Focus West) School
- Are a LEAPs Student
- Live in an SiMD1 Postcode area
- Are a Transitions Student
- Care Experienced or Estranged
When it will happen:
The workshops all take place at 5pm on the following dates:
- Wednesday 2 March
- Wednesday 9 of March
- Wednesday 16 March
- Wednesday 30 March
Please make sure you can attend all these dates before you sign up.
How to take part:
*ENROLMENT IN THIS ACTIVITY IS NOW CLOSED*
Deadline: 28 Feb
On the Sign-Up form you will be asked:
- Your main instrument.
- Your ability (beginner, intermediate and advanced)
- If you can comfortably sight-read or follow a chord chart.
- If you have access to a device that will allow you to record a video with audio.
Don’t worry if you’re new to music or you’re not a confident sight-reader, everyone is welcome. Knowing what level everyone is at is just helpful for us when we’re pulling together the music.
What will happen next:
Owen Sinclair, the Musician leading the project will organise 4 different online ‘meet-ups’. These meet-ups will be an opportunity to have conversations as a band, discuss various musical genres, workshop ideas and ultimately decide what music you’d like to work on together.
Once we’ve decided what we’d like to record:
- You will be sent a guide track accompanied by either a score, chord chart or lyrics. This will be suitable for your ability level and instrument.
- There will be an online tutorial session
- You will then record your video and send it in
- All parts will be edited together to create a showcase of the Fair Access Virtual Band