The Fair Access Team would like to extend a warm thanks to everyone who virtually attended our recent Fair Access Expo.
It was a bit different this year – however, the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. We’re glad so many of you found it useful. For those who couldn’t make it along on the day, our microsite contains a recording of the live sessions ready to watch back.
Have you ever wanted to know more about Fair Access at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, including information on the Transitions and WACI Programmes? Are looking for advice in studying or working in the performing arts?
Why not head over to our microsite now to watch back our live sessions:
- Meet The Teams, Transitions and WACI
- Industry Interview, with Laura Waddell and Graeme Smilie
- Student Life, a showcase and Q&A (Content Warning! Swearing)
You can also:
- watch pre-recorded videos from students and professionals
- hear from the Assistant Principal and Fair Access Manager at RCS
- watch our Fair Access Virtual Band perform
- find links to information on UCAS and UCAS Conservatoires,
- links to funding information from the Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS)
- direct links to our programme websites
Again, thanks to everyone from all the team!
Visit the Fair Access Expo microsite here:
WHEN: Sun 25 October 11am – 3:30pm
WHERE: Online via Zoom (Participants will be sent information via email)
We know how daunting it can be pursuing a career in the creative industries, especially when no one you know has done it before. The Fair Access Expo offers an opportunity for you and your family or carers to receive support and advice about the educational and professional journey you are about to embark on.
- Meet the WACI and Transitions teams
- Hear from those in the Creative Industries
- Hear from our current students
- Get involved in our interactive workshop
If you are a Transitions students or WACI pupil, you with your family, friends or carers are warmly invited to our Fair Access Expo. All members of your household are encouraged to join in!
This is event is free to attend but booking is essential.
Booking Now Closed
Booking Deadline: Fri 23 October
If you have any question please feel free to contact us by emailing: WACI@rcs.ac.uk
Interested in a career in the creative industries? Want to develop your skills in a chosen field?
WACI – Widening Access to the Creative Industries – are offering fully-funded places on one of the Summer Schools taking place here at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland throughout the summer school holidays.
These courses offer an opportunity for you to try something new, develop your existing experience and/or gain a more in-depth understanding within a variety of art forms.
Summer Schools Available
There are a variety of summer schools to choose from in Dance, Drama, Music, Film and Production. Click here to have a look at the Short Courses Summer School’s programme to help you figure out which course is the right course for you.
Some of the courses are very popular, and spaces will fill up quickly – we’ll be assessing applications as and when they come in, so get your application in as soon as you can to avoid being disappointed!
How to apply
1. If you haven’t already please register with the WACI cohort first. It doesn’t take long and you can fill it out by clicking here
2. Then, all you need to do is fill out the application form to let us know:
- a little bit about you
- why you want to do the course you’ve chosen to do
If it would be easier, you can provide a voice recording or video statement in support of your application.
If you require some help filling in this form, please do not hesitate to get in touch:
DEADLINE: Applications have now closed
*UPDATE Due to campus closures due to COVID-19, bookings are temporarily closed and this event will be rescheduled to later in the year. We apologies for any inconvenience*
We are excited to announce that bookings for our Fair Access Expo are now open!
If you are a current Transitions student or a pupil from a WACI school, you with your family, friends or carers are warmly invited to our Fair Access Expo.
When: Sun 29 March, 12:30pm – 4:30pm
Where: Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
Fair Access Expo is a chance for pupils to come along to:
Brothers, sisters and friends alongside any other family members or carers are welcome. Refreshments will be provided. This is event is free to attend but booking is essential.
Fair Access Expo is a joint event hosted by WACI and Transitions