The Fair Access Team would like to extend a warm thanks to everyone who virtually attended our recent Fair Access Expo.
It was a bit different this year – however, the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. We’re glad so many of you found it useful. For those who couldn’t make it along on the day, our microsite contains a recording of the live sessions ready to watch back.
Have you ever wanted to know more about Fair Access at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, including information on the Transitions and WACI Programmes? Are looking for advice in studying or working in the performing arts?
Why not head over to our microsite now to watch back our live sessions:
- Meet The Teams, Transitions and WACI
- Industry Interview, with Laura Waddell and Graeme Smilie
- Student Life, a showcase and Q&A (Content Warning! Swearing)
You can also:
- watch pre-recorded videos from students and professionals
- hear from the Assistant Principal and Fair Access Manager at RCS
- watch our Fair Access Virtual Band perform
- find links to information on UCAS and UCAS Conservatoires,
- links to funding information from the Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS)
- direct links to our programme websites
Again, thanks to everyone from all the team!
Visit the Fair Access Expo microsite here:
WHEN: Sun 25 October 11am – 3:30pm
WHERE: Online via Zoom (Participants will be sent information via email)
We know how daunting it can be pursuing a career in the creative industries, especially when no one you know has done it before. The Fair Access Expo offers an opportunity for you and your family or carers to receive support and advice about the educational and professional journey you are about to embark on.
- Meet the WACI and Transitions teams
- Hear from those in the Creative Industries
- Hear from our current students
- Get involved in our interactive workshop
If you are a Transitions students or WACI pupil, you with your family, friends or carers are warmly invited to our Fair Access Expo. All members of your household are encouraged to join in!
This is event is free to attend but booking is essential.
Booking Now Closed
Booking Deadline: Fri 23 October
If you have any question please feel free to contact us by emailing: WACI@rcs.ac.uk
*Update 17 March 2020:
Following the Prime Minister’s and Scotland’s First Minster’s briefings yesterday, RCS will be closing the campus buildings from 4PM on Friday.
Due to this the Fair Access Expo is being rescheduled to later in the year. No activities based at RCS will be taking place until further notice. In the meantime, we will be arranging online resources for our pupils and will reschedule other activities where possible.
For the latest up to date information on activities within the RCS building please visit the FAQ here: https://www.rcs.ac.uk/coronavirus-faqs
Young Scot have also created a great resource on Coronavirus (COVID-19) to refer to during this time: young.scot/campaigns/national/coronavirus