So You Want To Be A Music Teacher?
Join our BEd Music Bringing Programme, starting this September!
Are you interested in studying music teaching at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland? This Fair Access BEd Bridging Programme here at RCS aims to enhance the educational context of music teaching and get you ready to apply.
The Bridging Programme is a great opportunity to:
- explore the skills and qualities of a good teacher
- learn about educational policy and the Curriculum for Excellence (CfE)
- develop vocal leadership skills
- be offered optional activities such as piano accompaniment, music technology or composition
- receive your music tuition from the RCS Junior Conservatoire
In addition, you’ll gain valuable experience before applying for the BEd and meet like-minded peers.
This free course is aimed at those aged 16+, who are either:
- living in an SIMD1 postcode area
- black, indigenous or person of colour living in an SIMD1 or SIMD2 postcode
- care experienced or estranged living in any Scottish postcode
If you would like to find out more or discuss any queries you may have, contact the team on: firstname.lastname@example.org