Calling all WACI Schools!!
Teachers can now apply to become a participating school in our Shakespeare in Schools activity. Places are limited on a first-come-first-served basis. Not sure if your teacher knows about it or if they have applied? Let them know and get involved in spreading the word!
Who it is for: Those interested in performing arts.
When: Wed 30 Oct – Fri 1 Nov, during school time.
Where: In participating schools OR in-house at RCS
The Shakespeare in Schools initiative is offered in collaboration with the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland’s BA Acting programme. BA Acting students are invited into participating schools to work with pupils on a piece of Shakespeare. This opportunity will give participants a greater understanding of Shakespeare’s text and help to foster an interest in his work.
Shakespeare in Schools includes:
- Workshops on the themes of a Shakespearean play (Macbeth)
- Observation of scenes from the play performed by BA Acting students
- A devised performance based on the themes of the Shakespearean text by BA Acting students and your pupils
- Tickets to see a performance at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland in January/February
Shakespeare in Schools framework:
- 9am – 3pm
- Maximum number of 30 participants
- Suitable for Nat 5, Higher and Advanced Higher Drama students. Also suitable for English classes with students happy to get involved in a drama style workshop.
- A drama space or assembly hall is required to work in
*Update: Sign up for this has now closed.