What does a year on the Transitions programme look like?
- Students attend classes and courses led by arts professionals
- Students get to know their coach, meeting regularly to discuss their progress and development
- They attend at least one of our exciting performance trips, across a spread of genres from innovative new work to classical revivals and repertoire.
- They will be introduced to students currently studying in their art form, with the opportunity to learn from their experiences of study at RCS.
- They will contribute to group workshops and creative conversations, collaborating with students across art forms and having their say.
- We hope they will end the year with a wealth of new learning experiences, and be a more capable, confident, and determined student.
What is expected of our students?
All students sign a Student Agreement when they are enrolled to Transitions. Under the terms of our student agreement, we expect:
- good attendance at classes and courses
- full participation in our coaching initiative
- demonstration of good commitment in attending additional activities offered by Transitions
- that students will celebrate their place in Transitions and aspire to grow their talent and potential.
We monitor progression and engagement throughout the year. Students who we believe are struggling to progress or engage to their fullest will receive additional Support to Study.
Meet our Students and Alumni
Hear from our students and alumni about their time with Transitions and beyond. There is a mixture of articles and video you can view by clicking on each of the images below: