Through our fair-access initiative, Transitions, the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland (RCS) offer an industry-leading arts education programme for young people who want to excel in the performing and production arts.
Transitions is funded by the Scottish Funding Council to specifically support students who might not otherwise get the opportunity. Our activities focus on creative learning. They are designed to nurture your understanding of arts training at conservatoire level and equip with you with the transferable skills and qualities you need to excel as a student and beyond.
What We Offer
- fully-funded tuition on all our programmes through RCS Junior Conservatoire or RCS Short Courses
- focused coaching sessions
- masterclasses and creative conversations with some of Scotland’s leading artists
- performance trips
- personal development experiences and skill-building workshops
- collaborative performance opportunities
Who Can Take Part
To be eligible you need to:
- have a passion for the performing and production arts
- be aged 15+ (7+ if you are interested in Music or Dance)
- be one or more of the following:
- living in a SiMD1 postcode (check here)
- care experienced
- estranged from parents or carers
- have not completed a college or university course
- Find out more here.
If you require any further information or wish to discuss any aspect of the programme you can contact us in the following ways:
Follow us and like our pages on social media.