Matriculation Information 2022/23
Please follow these simple steps to matriculate:
1. Please log onto https://matric.rcs.ac.uk with your username and password and complete the online matriculation form. Your username and password will be emailed to you separately. Online matriculation closes on Monday 12 September at 9am. It will reopen on Monday 26 September at 9am. We recommend that you complete the online matriculation form as soon as possible even if you are still waiting on notification from your funding body.
If you have a disability or a medical condition and/or would like assistance to help you complete the online matriculation form, please click here to arrange an appointment and staff will be happy to assist you.
If you wish to arrange an appointment with Craig Wardlaw to discuss payment of fees, please click here.
There are 3 steps to the online matriculation form –
- Upload photograph – When you log on to matriculate, you will be asked to upload a photograph for your student card. If you do not upload a photograph, this will delay processing your student card and your access around the Conservatoire and use of the facilities.
- Online payment of fees form:
- Please complete this section even if you are waiting on your award letter.
- If you are funded by SAAS or Student Finance England/Wales/Northern Ireland, please provide a copy of your award letter. We need both the award letter confirming fees payable to the Conservatoire and any loan disbursement letter from the Student Loans Company. If you have applied for a student loan and have provided the Student Loans Company with your bank details and all documents required, your loan will be paid directly into your account, provided that you have completed the matriculation process and provided the Conservatoire with your award letter and letter confirming your loan. Please allow 5 working days for this payment to be processed to your bank account, from the start of term (26 September).
- All documents related to fees and funding can be uploaded as part of matriculation or you can email this to email@example.com at a later date.
- If you have been successful in receiving a scholarship and are due a disbursement, you will be contacted by finance for your bank details.
- Incoming Erasmus, International Exchange or Study Abroad students do not need to complete the Payment of Fees Form.
- Online Matriculation Form – in this section, you will be asked to complete personal details that we require as part of your student record.
If you are from the EU, the EEA or Switzerland please send in evidence of your Electronic Immigration Permission via the process documented at: https://www.gov.uk/view-prove-immigration-status. This should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you receive it.
If you are a national of an EU country, Australia, Canada, Iceland, Japan, Liechtenstein, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, South Korea, Switzerland or the USA, we need to see proof of the date you entered the UK to start your studies. Please email your boarding pass or flight ticket to email@example.com as soon as you have entered the UK.
All undergraduate Drama, Dance, Production and Film students are required to pay associated programme costs which should be paid as part of matriculation. Please see here for more information – Payment of Associated Programme Costs.
2. To complete matriculation, you will need to meet a matriculation officer. Please see the timings below –
Matriculation Schedule – Monday 26 September
|9.00||MA/MFA Classical and Contemporary Text Acting and Directing / MA Musical Theatre Performance / Musical Directing / Professional Graduate Diploma in Musical Directing|
|9.30||MMus / MA / Advanced Postgraduate Diploma / Artist Diploma|
|10.30||BMus Performance / Composition / JPS / Jazz / Traditional Music|
|12.00||Bachelor of Education (Music) with Hons|
|12.30||BA Filmmaking / BA Performance in BSL and English|
|14.00||BA Acting / BA Contemporary Performance Practice|
|14.30||BA Production Art and Design / BA Production Technology and Management|
|15.00||BA Modern Ballet / BA Musical Theatre / Professional Graduate Diploma Modern Ballet|
|15.30||Doctoral / Continuing Education|
Please attend matriculation at the times above only for your programme.
Please have the following documents ready when you attend matriculation online:
- UK Nationals – Passport or UK driving licence
- Irish Nationals – Passport or driving licence
- Non-UK/Irish Nationals –
- 90-day vignette/sticker in your passport (only applicable to students from outside the EEA and Switzerland)
- Your immigration permission to study (usually a Biometric Residence Permit or an Electronic Visa or evidence of Pre-settled/Settled status)
- Evidence of the date you entered the UK to study (national of an EU country, Australia, Canada, Iceland, Japan, Liechtenstein, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, South Korea, Switzerland or the USA)
MEd, PG Cert and MA Psychology in the Arts (Music) students do not need to attend online matriculation, please ensure you email your ID to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unable to attend online matriculation, please can you email email@example.com. Please note that failure to matriculate will result in late matriculation fee of £25. Persistent failure to complete the matriculation process will result in the discontinuation of your programme of study.
You will be not registered if you fall into the following categories:
- If you do not have evidence regarding payment of fees or not paid your fees if you are self funded.
- If you have an outstanding PVG check (only applicable for BEd and CPP students).
- If you have not provided evidence of your educational certificates.
- If you are from outside the UK or Ireland and have not provided:
- Your passport
- Your immigration permission (i.e. visa)
- Your 90-day vignette (if applicable to you)
- Your evidence of entry into the UK (if applicable to you)
- Evidence of an in-time, in-country visa application (if you applied for a postgraduate visa in the UK after having completed an undergraduate course in the UK)
Failure to confirm arrangement for the payment of fees or to produce the required documentation (by 21 October) will result in your student card being deactivated. Persistent failure to complete the matriculation process will result in the discontinuation of a student’s programme of study.
3. If you have not already emailed your original qualifications on entry (ie transcripts/certificates), please email this to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Example of Student Finance letters: