Matriculation Information 2021/22
Please follow these simple steps to matriculate:
1. Please log onto https://matric.rcs.ac.uk with your username and password and complete the online matriculation form. Your username and password will be emailed to you separately. Online matriculation closed on Monday 13 September at 9am. It will reopen on Monday 20 September at 9am. We recommend that you complete the online matriculation form as soon as possible even if you are still waiting on notification from your funding body.
If you have a disability or a medical condition and/or would like assistance to help you complete the online matriculation form, please click here to arrange an appointment and staff will be happy to assist you.
If you wish to arrange an appointment with Craig Wardlaw to discuss payment of fees, please click here.
There are 3 steps to the online matriculation form –
- Upload photograph – When you log on to matriculate, you will be asked to upload a photograph for your student card. If you do not upload a photograph, this will delay processing your student card and your access around the Conservatoire and use of the facilities.
- Online payment of fees form:
- Please complete this section even if you are waiting on your award letter.
- If you are funded by SAAS or Student Finance England/Wales/Northern Ireland, please provide a copy of your award letter. We need both the award letter confirming fees payable to the Conservatoire and any loan disbursement letter from the Student Loans Company. If you have applied for a student loan and have provided the Student Loans Company with your bank details and all documents required, your loan will be paid directly into your account, provided that you have completed the matriculation process and provided the Conservatoire with your award letter and letter confirming your loan. Please allow 5 working days for this payment to be processed to your bank account, from the start of term (21 September).
- All documents related to fees and funding can be uploaded as part of matriculation or you can email this to email@example.com at a later date.
- If you have been successful in receiving a scholarship and are due a disbursement, you will be contacted by finance for your bank details.
- Incoming Erasmus, International Exchange or Study Abroad students do not need to complete the Payment of Fees Form.
- Online Matriculation Form – in this section, you will be asked to complete personal details that we require as part of your student record.
If you are from the EU, the EEA or Switzerland please send in evidence of your Electronic Immigration Permission via the process documented at: https://www.gov.uk/view-prove-immigration-status. This should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 15 September for all other students.
All undergraduate Drama, Dance, Production and Film students are requried to pay associated programme costs which should be paid as part of matriculation. Please see here for more information – Payment of Associated Programme Costs.
2. To complete matriculation, you will need to meet a matriculation officer. Please see the zoom details below –
Passcode – RCSWelcome
Matriculation Schedule – Monday 20 September
|9.30||Bachelor of Music (surnames A-K)|
|10.15||Bachelor of Music (surnames L-Z)|
|11.00||MMus/MA/Artist Diploma/Adv PG Diploma (surnames A-K)|
|11.30||MMus/MA/Artist Diploma/Adv PG Diploma (surnames L-Z)|
|12.00||MA/MFA Classical and Contemporary Text and MA/Prof Grad Dip Musical Theatre|
|12.30||BA Film Making|
|14.00||BA Acting/BA (Hons) Contemporary Performance Practice|
|14.30||BA Production Technology and Management/BA Production Arts and Design|
|15.00||BA Musical Theatre/BA Modern Ballet|
|16.00||Research Students/DPerf/Continuing Education|
Please attend online matriculation at the times above only for your programme.
Please have the following documents ready when you attend matriculation online:
- Photo ID – Passport/Driver’s Licence.
- Biometric Resident Permit and the 90-day vignette/sticker in your passport (students from outside Europe only)
- Evidence of entry to the UK, for example a boarding pass or flight ticket (students from Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, USA and those who are new to living in the UK and are from the EU, EEA or Switzerland)
MEd student do not need to attend online matriculation, please ensure you email your ID to email@example.com.
If you are unable to attend online matriculation, please can you email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that failure to matriculate will result in late matriculation fee of £25. Persistent failure to complete the matriculation process will result in the discontinuation of your programme of study.
You will be not registered if you fall into the following categories:
- If you do not have evidence regarding payment of fees or not paid your fees if you are self funded.
- If you have an outstanding PVG check (only applicable for BEd and CPP students).
- If you have not provided evidence of your educational certificates.
- If you are a national from outside the EEA and have not provided:
- a valid travel document (ie passport), and
- a valid visa or biometric resident permit, or
- an official Home Office letter confirming receipt of an in-time visa application
Failure to confirm arrangement for the payment of fees or to produce the required documentation (by 21 October) will result in your student card being deactivated. Persistent failure to complete the matriculation process will result in the discontinuation of a student’s programme of study.
3. If you have not already emailed your original qualifications on entry (ie transcripts/certificates), please email this to email@example.com as soon as possible.
Example of Student Finance letters: